Did you fire up the grill over Memorial Day weekend? Here are a two of my favorite burger recipes that add to your summer grilling repertoire!
Black Bean Burgers
adapted from Gourmet
These are hands down my favorite black bean burger! Make sure to leave them on the grill long enough to get a nice char on the outside. Then they will have a nice crunch against the creamy inside. These burgers also keep really well in the refrigerator after they have been grilled.
Prep time: 30 minutes. Cook time: 6-8 minutes. Total time: 35-40 minutes. Serves 5
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ T mayonnaise
- 1 ½ T yogurt (preferably Greek)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paparika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ medium Vidalia onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- hamburger buns
- cheese (cheddar, colby jack, or pepper jack are all great options)
- Separate ⅔ of the black beans and place in food processor. Add breadcrumbs, mayo, yogurt, and spices. Pulse until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining black beans and diced onion.
- Add the pureed black bean mixture to the bowl of beans and onions, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Form patties with your hands and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Grill over a medium heat, 3-4 minutes each side or until there is a nice char on both sides. Add cheese if desired
adapted from Williams-Sonoma
These turkey burgers have an amazing grilled sausage-like flavor! Make sure to use both light and dark meat in order to have a moist burger. If you have to buy extra turkey meat, just combine and keep in the freezer for next time!
Prep time: 30 minutes. Cook time 8-12 minutes. Total time: 40-50 minutes. Serves 4
- ½ pound of light meat turkey
- ½ pound of dark meat turkey
- salt and pepper
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 T of fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- Cheese (provolone or swiss are good options)
- Grilled mushroom, onions, or jalapenos
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except the chicken stock.
- Using your hands, begin mixing ingredients together. Add the chicken stock a litte at a time, making sure the mixture does not become too moist.
- Form 4 patties with your hands and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Grill over medium heat, 5-8 minutes each side or until cooked through.
We hope you incorporate one of these tasty burger options into your summer grilling plans!