Did you fire up the grill over Memorial Day weekend? Here are a two of my favorite burger recipes that add to your summer grilling repertoire!
Black Bean Burgers
adapted from Gourmet
Prep time: 30 minutes. Cook time: 6-8 minutes. Total time: 35-40 minutes. Serves 5
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ T mayonnaise
- 1 ½ T yogurt (preferably Greek)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paparika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ medium Vidalia onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- hamburger buns
- cheese (cheddar, colby jack, or pepper jack are all great options)
- Separate ⅔ of the black beans and place in food processor. Add breadcrumbs, mayo, yogurt, and spices. Pulse until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining black beans and diced onion.
- Add the pureed black bean mixture to the bowl of beans and onions, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Form patties with your hands and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Grill over a medium heat, 3-4 minutes each side or until there is a nice char on both sides. Add cheese if desired
adapted from Williams-Sonoma
These turkey burgers have an amazing grilled sausage-like flavor! Make sure to use both light and dark meat in order to have a moist burger. If you have to buy extra turkey meat, just combine and keep in the freezer for next time!
Prep time: 30 minutes. Cook time 8-12 minutes. Total time: 40-50 minutes. Serves 4
- ½ pound of light meat turkey
- ½ pound of dark meat turkey
- salt and pepper
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 T of fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- Cheese (provolone or swiss are good options)
- Grilled mushroom, onions, or jalapenos
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except the chicken stock.
- Using your hands, begin mixing ingredients together. Add the chicken stock a litte at a time, making sure the mixture does not become too moist.
- Form 4 patties with your hands and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Grill over medium heat, 5-8 minutes each side or until cooked through.
We hope you incorporate one of these tasty burger options into your summer grilling plans!