Today we have another delicious guest post from Amy Mikkelsen at Your Southern Peach. For a special Valentine’s night drink she is serving up a decadent Chocolate Strawberry Martini!
Hello from Your Southern Peach! I’m thrilled to be sharing this Valentine’s Day-inspired cocktail. My husband and I typically choose to avoid the crowds on Valentine’s Day and stay snuggled up next to the fire. Am I the only one who prefers a date night at home?
Since dinner usually involves the kids, I like to plan a special dessert and cocktail for my husband and I to enjoy after they are asleep. This Chocolate Strawberry Martini pairs perfectly with a decadent dessert, and the ice cold strawberries keep the white chocolate liquor nice and chilled while you sip. By the way, the strawberries are really yummy after soaking up all that rich Godiva flavor!
Wishing you all a very happy Valentine’s Day and hope you get to spend time with someone special!
- 1 oz strawberry-flavored vodka
- 1 oz Godiva white chocolate liquor, chilled
- 1 oz of half and half
- frozen strawberries for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine vodka, white chocolate liquor, and half and half.
- Stir and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with frozen strawberries.
Amy’s previous guest post for us, Pecan Pie Truffles, would also make for a fabulous Valentine’s dessert. Thanks, Amy!