Roasting chickpeas is oh, so easy and they make for the perfect snack. Especially if you are on the go!
Start with a can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans. Drain them and give a thorough wash.
Next, lay the chickpeas on a paper towel and dry, dry, dry. You can also remove any loose skins that are beginning to peel off. (Don’t worry about removing them all!)
Next, add your seasonings. I always start with a spray of olive oil to help everything stick. My favorite combination is salt, paprika, cayenne pepper for some heat, and chopped parsley.
Spread on a baking sheet and roast for about 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees. Roll them around halfway through for even coverage.
Other delicious sweet or savory combinations:
- honey & thyme
- honey & cayenne pepper
- celery seed, salt, and pepper
- chopped rosemary & brown sugar
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas or garbonzo beans
- olive oil
- spices or herbs of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Drain and wash chickpeas
- Lay chickpeas on a layer of paper towels and dry thoroughly
- Remove any loose skins
- Spray with olive oil and add seasonings (salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, and chopped parsley are a wonderful combination)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, rolling chickpeas around halfway through.