Have you been to Chuy’s? If you go, ask for the Jalapeno Ranch Dressing to go with the chips and salsa — it’s free but you need to request it. I need to remember to stop ordering a meal as I gorge myself on this one course and it’s really the main reason I go back time and time again!
After a few failed attempts, I realized two things: I needed to switch from fresh jalapenos to canned (who knew?!) and I was not going to make this from scratch. I needed to start with a bottle of ranch as I wanted this whole process to be about 2 minutes. This recipe is what I came up with and it really is quite tasty!
- One bottle Ranch Dressing
- ½ a bundle fresh cilantro, washed, and cut into smaller 2-3 inch pieces
- Juice of one lime plus ¼ of a lime, with rind.
- 2 4 oz cans of jalapenos (if you like things very mild, stick with one can)
- If you want to get fancy: add .5 t of cumin and garlic powder
- Fresh jalapeno, if desired. See note.
- If you making this for a dip, you may want it thicker. If so, add 2 handfuls of fresh spinach. Plus, it makes it a lovely green.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender (I have a Vitamix and it does make things like this mighty easy.).
- Pulse until well blended.
- Pour back into the glass ranch dressing jar. And, darn it, there will be more than will fit. Looks like you can start eating this immediately!
This dressing goes great on this BBQ Chicken Salad:
Add these Potato Pancakes on the side and you have one amazing meal: