Sure, if you have lots of time, you can get fancy with your marinade and refrigerate your steak overnight, turning it the next day to make it just PERFECT. But, if you are any bit like me, sometimes you pick up the steak from your local Kroger butcher counter, it’s already almost dinner time and you really need dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. Sound familiar? Then, this is your recipe. And if you have all the time in the world, you may just decide you like this preparation better, anyway.
To round off this meal, it’s paired with spiralized zucchini noodles, roasted cherry tomatoes, roasted asparagus and feta cheese. But you could just as easily chop some lettuce, fresh tomatoes and add some dressing and call it a night! Or, another speedy dinner tip I love: Microwavable rice five minutes in the microwave, toss with some fresh herbs and fresh veggies, and it’s ready to go.
And I’m always advocating cooking extras, as you can make another meal with it. In that vein, check out StyleBlueprint’s Korean BBQ Tacos, which were made with the leftover beef from this same recipe. With the leftovers, you can have your meal the next night — and ready in about 15 minutes!
Let’s get started.
Easy Grilled Flank Steak Recipe — FAST!
- 2-3 pounds Simple Truth Organic® flank steak (1 pound per 3 people)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic® olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon deli mustard
- 6-8 fresh thyme branches (remove hard stems)
- Score the steak diagonally — about 1/8 inch deep and about 1 inch apart — across one side of each steak.
- Blend all ingredients together and pour on top of the steak and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Grill over medium high heat for 5 minutes, then place un-scored side of the steak on the grill. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until desired cooking level is achieved.
- Remove from grill and tent with foil for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- Cut diagonally, against the grain, to make for the most tender bites
Be sure to check out all of our recipes for more kitchen inspiration!