We are celebrating our one year anniversary with a High End Women’s Consignment Sale February 4th and 5th (yes that is a change of date….) Through the sale, we hope to raise 5K for the Nashville Children’s Alliance. Perhaps more? We like grand goals, so we are hoping you will help us out! Our subscribers got an email about this last week, but here are the details:
Our goals through this high-end women’s consignment sale are the following:
1) Raise 5K for NCA…maybe more!
2) Raise awareness for the services that NCA provides children (click here). February 4th will be a 6 – 9pm shopping event that will be a fee (TBD) for entry. All that money goes to NCA on top of the money raised through the sale. February 5th is our open to the public shopping day.
2) Give you the peace of mind of a cleaned out closet (it’s amazing how calming it is to have an organized closet) You can then intentionally shop (which only happens when you KNOW what you have and thus what you need or want!)
3) Give all consignors a quick way to line their pockets with some cash …hopefully to spend in local store!
4) Provide some truly GREAT DEALS in beautiful clothing for all who want to shop.
Along with all of us normal gals, we’d LOVE some high profile names consigning. You know, the gal that might have a paparazzi snap a pic. Who doesn’t want to help sexually and physically abused kids through Nashville Children’s Alliance? As everyone in this town is separated by 2 – 3 degrees, we’re making a plea here, with you. We have some seeds out there, but we are big believers in planting many many seeds to have a few actually germinate! You know how it works: a few high profile names bring more people. More people means more sales. More sales means more money to all consignors and to the big kahuna here: NCA
- Limit: each person can consign at most 15 items
- Women’s high-end clothing, bags, belts, hats, shoes, and locally made jewelry (we will send you a list of local jewelers who we endorse.)
- No maternity (sorry!)
- Current fashions
- Like NEW condition (bags and shoes may show some wear, but very little- we want this to be a quality sale!)
- Please double check clothes as “tired” clothes and outdated styles will NOT be accepted!
- With the exception of J Crew in like new condition, Mall Brand stores will not be accepted- we are looking for boutique quality and above.
- Sevier Skirts, a Nashville love, ARE accepted!
- Mark all new clothing at least 50% off retail value. Worn pieces should be at about 60-75% off retail value. It is your discretion how far to reduce your price beyond this and these are just guidelines. Of course the lower the price, the more likely it is to sell
- Email [email protected] to obtain a consignor number.
- Each piece must have a 3×5 index card attached to the upper left side, or brand tag, with consignor # on one side and $price on the flip side. Safety pin price side out.
- If you wish to donate your profits to NCA, we will tag your items for you
- 70% of sale goes to the consignor
- Checks will be mailed out on Feb 10th.
- Clothes can be dropped off at Liza’s house starting at 5:00 on Tuesday February 2nd and all day February 3rd. Further details will be sent to all consignors before Jan 10th.
- Clothes must be picked up on Feb 7th or be marked to donate to St. Lukes
So, as we settle down before the New Year, clean out those closets and pare down. What really looks good on you? Do you have 30 black skirts or 150 pairs of shoes? Need help? Tina Adams and Rebecca Thompson will happily come help you AND THEN pick out pieces for this sale, tag them and DELIVER them to us for you! They are great; both Elizabeth and Liza say this from hands on experience. Call them up and book a two hour appointment for just $175 and be on your way to a cleaned out closet and a list of things to buy (which of course you just might find at this sale!). I bet your extras that you consign will even pay for that Tina/Rebecca appointment! Their blog is www.tinaandrebecca.blogspot.com
This is our last post of 2009. We look forward to seeing you in 2010! Happy New Year!