My husband turned 40 a few months back. Well, last November to be exact. We couldn’t decide how to celebrate – trip, party, nice dinner? In the end, we invited a few friends over and hired Chef Chuck to cook for the gathering.
While Chuck has toured with all sorts of musical groups, he is most well known for being Sheryl Crow’s personal chef and releasing a cookbook with her last spring called If It Makes You Healthy. And, just like the Oprah/Rosie cookbook, this one is also focused on healthy cooking.
I was very impressed by Chuck’s professionalism, the amount of flavorful food he prepared and the ease of having him in my kitchen on this special day.
How this all worked:
- Chuck and his wife met with me at my house to plan the menu and see the set up of our home. They helped me rent tables and linens — my table seats 8 and I needed 12.
- I chose a healthy Southwestern menu. He was even kind enough to make homemade margaritas for all!
- Three appetizers were selected and they were delicious. I’m the kind of girl who likes appetizers better than dessert, and these were fab.
- The corn soup was great, but the strip steak with a tomato butter sauce stole the show.
- We finished with a cupcakes from Cupcake Collection and good bottle of bourbon.
The cost was no more than dinner at a great restaurant (I’m thinking Watermark, City House and the like with drinks, appetizers, soup, entree and dessert.) And, the upside, in addition to eating, drinking and laughing until after midnight, was that we didn’t have to call a cab or hire a sitter. We enjoyed being in our home, our kitchen was clean and our refrigerator full of leftovers.
So, for your next special event, is Sheryl’s chef good enough for you? I bet he is!
To contact Chuck, or find out more about him, click here: http://chefchuck.com/