A fall favorite in our home straight from my mother’s recipe box—recipes written on index cards that are a bit worn on the edges and have lots of notes in the margin—those are the best ones! Add a side of rice and your choice of green vegetable to this pork chop and apple dish for a traditional homemade meal everyone will love. A perfect weekday menu for sitting down at the table with your family!
- 8 pork loin chops, 3/4" thick
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 2 medium apples, cored
- Bake pork chops that have been sprinkled with salt and pepper for about 1 hour, turning once.
- In a sauce pan, heat brown sugar, apple juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, ketchup and ginger until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cut each apple into slices or rings and place on top of each pork chop.
- Pour sauce over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes, basting two or three times.