Editor’s note: Right before this post published, we learned the unfortunate news that Relish closed on Wednesday, April 9. We will miss this restaurant immensely. They were kind enough to leave us with this gem of a recipe. We wish them all the best.
Green Goddess is one of my favorite dressings, probably because it is so elusive, especially if you’re looking for a good recipe for the dressing. It harkens back to the 1940s and ’50s steakhouse menus. Recently, I dined for dinner (not lunch, like I regularly do) at Relish and had a fantastic Green Goddess experience. So great, in fact, that I asked owner Susan Seiler for the recipe. She was happy to oblige and arranged a special kitchen visit with Executive Chef Jack Beeson.
They serve their delicious Green Goddess dressing on their Iceberg Cube salad.
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 anchovy fillet, small
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. tarragon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process on high until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Thank you to Executive Chef Jack Beeson for sharing this favorite recipe.