Elisabeth Welden and Whit Woodring were introduced by mutual friends at a debutante ball in Montgomery their junior year at the University of Alabama. On a cold, dreary day, Whit asked Elisabeth to go on a walk on the Jemison Trail, something they never did. Already in on what was to come, her parents encouraged her to go. While on the trail, Whit faked a knee injury to get down on one knee and pop the question! Of course, she said yes, and then the wedding planning began …
The couple enlisted the help of wedding planner extraordinaire Mariée Ami to help make their dream day a reality. Elisabeth envisioned a simple, yet beautiful, white wedding with a clean and crisp modern flavor. A very neutral color palette of whites, creams and a hint of blush was chosen. Even the bridesmaids dressed in a creamy white, and the table linens were white with a few blush, sequined runners sprinkled in to add a touch of color and texture.
It’s the little things that come together to create an unforgettable event. Here are a few highlights of those special touches that helped create this magical day.
Elisabeth got ready, with the help of her mother and her bridesmaids, in her family home.
As many couples choose to do these days, Elisabeth and Whit met before the ceremony and had pictures made with their family and cherished friends at Elisabeth’s family home.
The bride’s home church, Mountain Brook Community Church, was undergoing renovation, so the couple opted to be married at Canterbury United Methodist Church.
After the beautiful ceremony, the newlyweds and their guests headed over to the Country Club of Birmingham for a lively reception.
Congratulations, Elisabeth and Whit! Thank you for sharing your special day with us, and here’s to a lifetime of happiness.
Here’s how they pulled off their big day:
- Planner: Mariée Ami
- Dress: Carriage House Weddings
- Bridesmaids’ dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Floral design: Carol Sullivan, Lagniappe Design
- Photographer: Kelly Cummings, Spindle Photography
- Wedding venue: Canterbury United Methodist Church
- Reception venue: Country Club of Birmingham
- Cake: Barb Sullivan, Barb’s Cakes
- Grooms cake: Pastry Art Bake Shoppe
- Bride’s hair and makeup: Chase from C’est Bon (hair) and Carol and Leslie Make-up Artistry
- Entertainment: Fountain City Players from Music Garden
For more magical weddings, check out more beautiful nuptials in our other SB markets today: