There are some weddings that are just more special to you then others. I think, first and foremost, your own, and running a close second, the wedding of your closest friends. So, to end our fabulous wedding Wednesday series, we are featuring the wedding of my best friend. I was honored to be her matron of honor (as she was mine almost a year to the day before!) at a big Southern church wedding on a gorgeous day in June.
Beth’s gorgeous gown featured a twist on a traditional lace dress. Instead of a traditional lace pattern, Beth’s Vera Wang gown had accent fabric that was lasercut into a floral pattern and then sewn on the dress. It gave the whole dress a fresh, modern lace feel.
For their seated dinner, Beth chose a caterer from Nashville that she worked with in the past. Danni Kates of Danielle Kates Catering whipped up a classic southern meal of fried chicken. Dinner was served underneath a tent filled with twinkling lights.
One of the most unique aspects of Beth and Price’s wedding was the silhoutte artist they hired to cut their guest silhouette’s on the spot.
Each guest got to take home a copy of their silhouette and Beth and Price also got to keep a copy. Quite a unique guestbook!
A special thanks to Jenny Cruger for sharing pictures of Beth and Price’s beautiful wedding!
- Photographer: Jenny Cruger Photography
- Wedding Ceremony: All Saints Chapel*, Sewanee: The University of the South
- Wedding Reception: The Hurst Home in Sewanee, TN (formally known as the Kirby-Smith House) Contact the University for more details.
- Wedding Planning and Flowers: Ken Taylor from Taylor’s Mercantile
- Catering: Danielle Kates of Kates Fine Catering in Nashville
- Band: The SoulSations
- Silhouette Artist: Tim Arnold “The Silhoutte Man”
- Wedding Dress: Vera Wang from Joan Pillow Bridal Salon
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Amsale from Bella Bridesmaid
*Of special note: In order to be married in All Saints’ Chapel you must be a graduate of the College or the Theological school, a direct offspring of an alumnus, a member of the faculty, staff, or board, or a year around community member.
Be sure to check out our other wedding stories on StyleBlueprint today:
Emily + Sam: Happily Ever After: click here
A Southern Style Wedding with a Nod to Ole Miss: click here
Fly Me To The Moon: click here
Hearts Unite at Heartwood Hall: click here